The Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa is a 5 star resort located in Costa Adeje (Tenerife), which belongs to Starwood Hotels.
In our efforts to increase quality of service for our guests, as well as improve our environmental awareness, we have implemented a Integrated Management System of Quality and Environment (Sistema de Gestión Integrado en Calidad y Medio Ambiente - SGI), according to the regulations set by ISO 9001:2008 and CE 1221/2009 EMAS - ISO 14001:2004, committing the hotel to fulfill all the requirements.
The Hotel Management is aware of the efforts that this will entail and takes this challenge as a way of uniting the different departments involved in the running of the hotel. The aim is to achieve a constant improvement of the services which are being offered, whilst taking into account the environment, together with all the relevant aspects related to this.
Therefore, the Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa has taken over the following commitments:
- To communicate as much as possible the principles applied in our hotel in relation to quality and the environment to our suppliers and clients, encouraging them to become as actively involved as they possibly can.
- To assess the efficiency of the SGI by using the adequate methods, in order to push forward the quality of procedures and the services offered, minimizing their environmental impact.
- Comply to the current legislation, both present and future, in everything related to the Environment.
- Join efforts in training our staff so that they can apply the standards of SGI, by encouraging their involvement.
- Avoid all activities or tasks that could incur contamination or an impact to the environment, by implementing all the means and procedures that we have within our reach.
- Establish a series of objectives which will allow us to implement a constant improvement within the whole hotel, rectifying any possible mistakes which could be faced along the way and learning from them, so that these mistakes can be avoided in the future.
- Check constantly the quality of services given to clients and any other interested parties, in order to improve external relations and move forward efficiently.
- Analyze and assess the participation of our staff through constant communication, in order to ensure that they are being active in implementing the SGI standards.
- Update this policy whenever the company makes progress or when legislations change.
In order to comply to all of the above, the Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa will put into place all the means it deems necessary in order to guarantee that the objectives are met. Only then will we be able to achieve a correct corporate development, maintaining guest satisfaction as well as respect for the Environment.
Costa Adeje, June, 16th 2016